*Please note: All positions are on a volunteer basis. Meaning: there is no paycheck.*
Assistant to the Editor
Job Title: Assistant to the Editor-in-Chief (Position # 002)
Status: Part-time, volunteer
Reports To: Editor-in-Chief (Position # 001)
Who we are: We are a magazine that is focused on giving women a voice and a platform to share their honest lives. We aim to show women that they are not standing alone in their journey through life.
Position Summary: The Assistant to the Editor-in-Chief (EIC) provides valuable project and administrative support to the EIC. The primary purpose of this position is to maximize the efficiency of the EIC by coordinating administrative needs and other day-to-day activities. The Assistant to the EIC works collaboratively across all departments to meet all deadlines and goals. We request availability of 2 hours per week - you may be needed more during launch times.
- Receive, screen, prioritize, and route incoming emails and correspondence. Determine the urgency of responses required and escalate issues as appropriate.
Obtain required information from magazine advertisers, stockists, and influencers on behalf of the EIC.
Assemble and batch schedule blog posts on a monthly basis.
Conduct research, outreach, and social media engagement/scheduling as needed.
Create short- and long-form content for print and digital platforms as needed to include the magazine, blog, newsletters, social media, etc. with a tone that is warm, inviting, and heart-centered.
Photograph brand/promotional images of the magazine and other products as needed.*
Design graphics for the web and social media as needed.*
Perform other duties as assigned.
*these responsibilities are not required requirements
- Must be a quick, hard worker who can juggle multiple tasks and deadlines. This industry moves FAST and there's always something we're working on, and usually for various issues. You'll have lots of deadlines to keep straight.
- Ability to work independently and remotely, with open and timely communication with the team.
- Ability to be open, honest, supportive, and responsive in all interactions with the community.
- Must enjoy brainstorming. The magazine is a team effort and we often come together to brainstorm new ideas or solutions.
- Must be a team player. You may be asked to jump in and help other team members with their tasks if needed.
- Ability to adapt and be open to new ideas and processes.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working with spreadsheets, content management systems, blogs, newsletter and word processing software, social media platforms, etc.
- Fun. We are a team that is constantly laughing and loves to have fun together. We want you to join in!
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Photoshop and/or Canva
- Writing experience
- Experience with Squarespace
- Comfortable with photography
Fill out the form below in its entirety. We will be in touch to schedule interviews if we believe you may be a good fit.