(Makes 24 mini cheesecakes)
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts
- 6 medjool dates
- 1/4 C shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Remove the pits from the medjool dates and soak them in warm water for 10 mins. Drain the water from the dates and place in a food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Process until the nuts are crumbled and the crust is sticking together on it's own.
- Press about 1 1/2 tsp of the mixture into the bottom of each mini muffin cup.
- Tip: to remove the cheesecakes easily from the tray, cut 4 inch strips of paper and place those in the bottom of each cup. Press the crust mixture on top of these. Then when the cheesecakes are done setting in the freezer you can pull on the paper tabs to lift the cheesecakes out.
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 3 hours)
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Drain cashews from the soaking water and rinse under fresh water. Then add them to a high speed blender or vitamix along with frozen strawberries, agave nectar, melted coconut oil, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth. Pour this mixture into a bowl and set aside. Clean out the blender to make the strawberry puree for the swirl.
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, melted
- Allow these raspberries to melt at room temperature or heat over low heat in sauce pan for a few minutes until soft. Then blend this in a blender into a smooth puree.
Lifestyle wellness blogger, art teacher, and Pittsburgh native. Brittany loves sharing recipes, new product reviews, and DIY ideas on her blog. She is also is a vegan advocate and loves spreading health knowledge/awareness.