Serving Size: 6 Brownies
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 small ripe bananas, smashed
- ¼ cup dutch cocoa powder***
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2-4 tbsp coconut sugar (depending on how sweet bananas are, make sure to taste)
- Optional: dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x9 baking pan and set aside.
- Mix up the ripe bananas until smooth and creamy. Add in the other ingredients (except chocolate chips if using) and mix up until everything is smooth. You can also mix up in a blender! Add in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 -35 minutes or until cooked completely through! This will be a very soft, moist thinner brownie, but that is perfect!
- Allow to cool before serving!
***For more information on why you need dutch cocoa you can read this article.
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 4 oz of dairy-free cream cheese, softened
- A few tbsp. of cocoa powder (less or more according to taste)
- Sweeten with stevia or coconut sugar
- Simply mix up until smooth.
I love to serve these as layered brownies! Just cut up small squares and layer with the frosting. They are great on their own or topped with coconut whipped cream.
Alexis is a writer, chemist, blogger, and recipe creator. She has taken her passion of chemistry and turned it into a lifestyle blog. Chemistry Cachet is chemist solutions for healthy living, easy baking, pretty flowers, and endless coffee! She lives in Texas with her husband and English Bulldog.