Chocolate Ganache Raspberry Tart
Cook Time: 1 hour
Ingredients for the crust:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate
Ingredients for the topping:
- 1 pint raspberries
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, flour, vanilla extract and salt until a dough is formed. Press dough into bottom and sides of a 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake crust until golden brown, about 25 mins.
- In a medium saucepan, bring cream to a simmer. Take off the heat and add chocolate. Whisk until completely emulsified.
- Pour ganache into baked crust. Allow to set.
- Once the ganache is cool and set, line outer rim of crust with raspberries. Use a sieve to dust generously with powdered sugar.
Tips: Semisweet chocolate can be used in place of bittersweet for a sweeter, milder ganache. Refrigeration will help the tart set faster. Enjoy!
Jenny is a pastry cook and blogger in the San Francisco Bay Area. She lives in Oakland with her golden retriever, Honey, and spends most of her free time exploring the city and eating delicious food. See more from Jenny on her blog, Honey and the Baker.