Homemade Spicy Sloppy Joes
Sloppy Joes are always a family fave. Their ooey gooey saucy goodness make them great for almost any occasion. But they're so easy which makes them great for those nights when you just want to whip up something easy for dinner. So instead of reaching for the can next time you're craving that saucy goodness, try this recipe for homemade spice sloppy joes.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, sans seeds & finely chopped
- 1/2 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- A few dashes of salt & pepper
- Brown ground beef in pan with a few dashes of salt and pepper. Drain all of the grease off (you can rinse if necessary).
- Add ground beef and all other ingredients to Crockpot. Stir so the meat is evenly coated and all of the seasonings get mixed in.
- Cook on low for 2.5 to 3 hours. You may want to stir a little while cooking. If the mixture isn't wet enough for your taste, add a couple teaspoons of broth (any kind works fine).
Note: This recipe will make 4-5 sloppy joes (depending, of course, on how much you pile on your bun). You can adjust the spice level for your tastes by adding more/less cayenne pepper or including the seeds of the jalapeno.