Hello Holl and Lane readers! With the Superbowl THIS WEEKEND, I am excited to share with you all the perfect recipe to go along with the football excitement! My husband and I love to throw big Superbowl get-togethers and go all out in the food department. That said, there are few things less enjoyable than spending an entire party in the kitchen. That's why I try to create recipes that are easy to whip up before guests arrive and don't require me to stand over a hot stove all day. This recipe is just that! This Philly Cheese Steak Stromboli is husband approved, simple to throw together, and just plain delicious!
- Pre-made pizza dough (the kind Pillsbury makes in the can)
- 1 lb stir-fry or sandwich steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up. Lightly spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add vegetable oil and steak strips. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink starts to disappear and add in bell pepper and onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until onions are lightly browned. (Don't overcook the meat and veggies because they will still cook in the oven.)
- Roll pizza dough out onto your baking sheet and spread to fill the entire sheet. Pour steak mixture into the center of your pizza dough, leaving about an inch on all sides so you can roll it.
- Top steak mixture with cheese.
- Fold the sides and ends over so that the stromboli is completely covered.
- With your beaten egg, brush the outside of the loaf until completely covered with the egg.
- Cut thin 2 inch strips on the top of the loaf and bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce. We used ranch and loved it!