Recipe: Chocolate Mint Dream
Words and images by Emelia Lawrence
When I think of the holidays the first thing that comes to mind is family. I love spending my days with loved ones relaxing, celebrating and enjoying the season. We all know that time is of the essence when it comes to the holidays and we don't want to spend all our time in the kitchen missing out on precious time with our families. Luckily, there are plenty of recipes you can whip up in less than 30 minutes that still taste delicious. The hints of peppermint are best enjoyed with chocolate during the holiday season & you'll be happy to know it's all possible with this delicious dessert.
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 30 ( a small bag) miniature cream-filled sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup crushed miniature candy canes or peppermint candy
- Whipped cream topping
Makes 4 servings
- Prepare pudding with milk according to package instructions. Divide among individual dessert dishes.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the crushed cookies.
- Sprinkle remaining cookies over the pudding.
- Top with crushed peppermint candy.
- Spoon whipped cream topping over candy.
- Sprinkle with reserved crushed cookies.
- Top with additional peppermint candies.